Saturday, January 29, 2011

No I was wrong - that light IS a train...

Well I've been so focused on getting the tub in and shower ready that I've made a rather significant oversight. When the slowdowns started, the plan became get the shower done and then work on the rest. It made logical sense, but not linear sense. Here's why...

Before I put the Kerdi membrane over the cement board in the shower (yes I know, overkill) I have to have the ceiling taped and mudded. How else will I close the seam between the ceiling drywall and the cement board? BUT that also means I need to have the rest of the drywall up to join the vertical seams as well. You can't do that once the Kerdi is up never mind the tile. So now I have to finish the drywall first.

That means that I have to re-plumb the lines for the toilet and vanity soon that I planned because the drywall will cover it all so the changes have to happen now.

And I've also got new door boxes for the main and closet doors that have to go in. Before the drywall actually so the drywall can lay over the frame.

So what that means, is instead of getting ready to tile, I actually have to finish the plumbing on the toilet and vanity, install two doors, drywall the whole room, tape and mud,  and at least prime the ceiling BEFORE I can go back to prepping for tiling the shower.

I wonder if I impale myself on a level will the insurance pay off....

1 comment:

  1. If your going all the way to the ceiling with the tile then why mud and tape that area... You are creating a seal with the tile and then chaulking along the top... ???

    ReplyDelete